Applications for Challenge Grants will open Fall 2021. Applicants must be UTK faculty or staff.
This funding opportunity is available for service and community engaged research projects that focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), racial injustice, systemic racism, class, human dignity, or social justice. Individual and team projects are acceptable. Projects should demonstrate relevance, research, reciprocity, and resilience. PI’s can request up to $3,000 per project.
- Full time faculty with an interest in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), community outreach, and engaged scholarship.
- Scholars involved or interested in research that contributes to their discipline while making a positive impact on communities and external stakeholders.
- An interest in working with faculty across disciplines to explore and learn more about interdisciplinary work.
Recipients must be willing to do the following:
- Cite DDE as a funder when presenting or promoting events.
- Present at DDE events as requested during academic year 2020-2021.
- Effectively communicate the results of the project to UT and other academic spaces, the public, and other external audiences.