Internal searches represent exceptions to the standard (external) search process and will be carefully considered by OED along the following factors:
- Hiring unit’s past affirmative action efforts
- Requestor’s ability to identify the existence of a potentially qualified, diverse applicant pool that already exists at the University
Internal searches must follow the same basic procedures as external searches with the following exceptions:
- The department must submit a written request to appropriate administrators (Dean, Provost, Vice Chancellor, Vice President, and OED) that includes the rationale for conducting an internal search.
- Internal searches are open to all currently employed regular UT personnel regardless of the campus location (Knoxville area units, Tullahoma, Chattanooga, Martin, Southern, and Memphis)
- The position must be posted internally, in Interfolio with a designation that it is an internal only search
- The position must be posted for a minimum of one week after the date that OED signs the Request to Post Form
- The hiring unit must ensure that all efforts are used to notify all currently employed regular UT personnel of the pending job vacancy
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and admission without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, and parental status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. In accordance with the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the University of Tennessee affirmatively states that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, or disability in its education programs and activities, and this policy extends to employment by the university.
Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity, 1840 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996-3560, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 865-974-2498. Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, and national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), the ADA (disability), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Investigation and Resolution, 216 Business Incubator Building – 2450 E J. Chapman Drive, by email to email@example.com, or by phone at 865-974-0717.