The Division of Diversity and Engagement is promoting a variety of cross-campus post-election resources and opportunities.
Strategies for Promoting Community and Self-Care During Turbulent Times
Please join us on Friday, November 6, from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., for a reflective dialogue entitled Strategies for Promoting Community and Self-Care During Turbulent Times. This discussion will include an exploration of challenges to community and civility in the workplace and the classroom, and will provide resources for implementing healthy self-care. This discussion is co-sponsored by the Division of Diversity and Engagement, the Office of the Provost, and Human Resources.
Additional Resources and Opportunities for Faculty / Staff
- TLI’s Navigating Challenging Classroom Experiences to Foster Growth in Student Learning contains resources to help faculty navigate difficulties and differences that may arise in the classroom.
- Free Speech at UT describes the Campus Free Speech Protection Act and the Civility and Community website presents the principles of civility and community to which the entire UT community is expected to adhere.
- The Faculty Handbook describes academic freedom and your right to teach about your knowledge and understanding of your discipline.
- The Faculty Roundtables Program will host faculty discussion groups about the election on Wednesday, 11/4, 12:00-1:00 p.m. and about health and wellness on Wednesday, 12/2, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- If you need assistance dealing with the outcome of the election, please visit the Employee Assistance Program or call 946-CARE.
Additional Resources and Opportunities for Students
- Reflections on 2020 Election
Join Vols Vote for a 30 minute discussion on your experiences voting in the 2020 election. What was the process like? Was it similar or different than what you expected? Did you have any issues registering or voting? Did you choose to vote early, by mail, or on election day. Help us learn more about how college students vote so that in the future we can make sure All Vols Vote! Click here to register.
- RockyTopics Election 2020: The Day After
Join the Office of the Dean of Students, Office of Multicultural Student Life, and Department of Psychology for our continued series exploring challenging and timely campus and community topics. This session will facilitate reflections following the 2020 Presidential Election. Click here for the Zoom link.
- RockyTopics Election 2020: The Week After
Join the Office of the Dean of Students, Office of Multicultural Student Life, and Department of Psychology for our continued series exploring challenging and timely campus and community topics. This session will facilitate reflections the week after the 2020 Presidential Election. Click here for the Zoom link.
- The 974-HELP referral line was developed to help distressed or distressing students reach their academic goals and to help maintain a safe community and learning environment for all students.